Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu> on 2002/09/20 03:28:40 UTC

Warning: overriding boolean values in resources.properties for service parameters

The override trick, where you can specify a value from jr.p or tr.p in
your own r.p *before* those in the standard Jetspeed distribution, works
for Jetspeed reading properties now (due to a change I made in the
JetspeedResources.java).  It does not work for Turbine reading
properties, since Turbine doesn't use JetspeedResources.

Well, if Jetspeed is reading parameters to a service, it uses the
turbine facility, so you cannot override (non-string) service parameters
in this way!  Rats.

Just fyi.

When I get a chance, I'll lobby the Turbine folks to take this change
deeper into Turbine so any r.p values can be overridden.

- Glenn