Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by "Ly, Kiet" <Ki...@finra.org> on 2016/06/14 11:26:23 UTC

RYA-83

I wrote up https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RYA-83. Is this a valid issue? It failed on select * where { ?s ?p ?o . }. I tested the this query on Blazegraph and it works correctly.
I used POSTMAN to send in sparql query request against a develop branch build.

Confidentiality Notice::  This email, including attachments, may include non-public, proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information.  If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent of an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in or transmitted with this e-mail is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and permanently delete this e-mail, its attachments, and any copies of it immediately.  You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person. Thank you.

Re: RYA-83

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
The Spark analogy is a great one and I really like the "limit n" use case.
I think we should aim to implement that use case (and give a useful message
when someone queries without a "limit n").

The only caveat is that is a lot easier said than done.  I don't think the
"limit n" is exposed in a useful place in the Sail layer query processing...

--Aaron

RE: RYA-83

Posted by "Ly, Kiet" <Ki...@finra.org>.

From: Puja Valiyil <pu...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, Jun 14, 2016, 8:18 AM
To: dev@rya.incubator.apache.org <de...@rya.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: RYA-83

Re: RYA-83

Posted by Puja Valiyil <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiet,

Re: RYA-83

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
We have this query disabled because it would involve a full table scan.

Perhaps we should make this function configurable (an enable this query by
default)?

Thanks for opening the ticket, and I'll add my comment onto the ticket.

--Aaron