Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "bernics.gabor" <be...@penta.hu> on 2009/12/09 20:37:32 UTC

users specific configuration

Hello,

I use spamassassin 3.2.5 on the Debian 5.0, it&#8217;s great, because I have a problem:

My SP dont view the users specific configuration
(/home/$user/.spamassassin/user_prefs) only the main configuration
(/etc/spamassassin/*).

(Example: the users configuration have only one line: required_score XX.)

Permissions are okay.

The procmailrc lines:

&#8222;:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc&#8221;

Why?

Gabor
from Hungary

Re: Fw: users specific configuration

Posted by Toni Mueller <su...@oeko.net>.
Hi,

On Fri, 11.12.2009 at 11:46:31 +0100, bernics.gabor <be...@penta.hu> wrote:
> Nobody?

man 8 spamd

I find the description there confusing, too. You might want to turn on
some debugging output for spamd to get better ideas.

Kind regards,
--Toni++

Re: Fw: users specific configuration

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
bernics.gabor wrote:
> I use spamassassin 3.2.5 on the Debian 5.0, it&#8217;s great, because I have a
> problem:
>
> My SP dont view the users specific configuration
> (/home/$user/.spamassassin/user_prefs) only the main configuration
> (/etc/spamassassin/*).

SP?

Are you saying it is not configured to use user configs or that it
should but it doesn't?

> (Example: the users configuration have only one line: required_score XX.)

Ok, so I assume you are trying to use user configs and they are not
working...

> Permissions are okay.

Permissions on what?  Care to show us those permissions?

> The procmailrc lines:
>
> &#8222;:0fw
> | /usr/bin/spamc&#8221;
>
> Why?

Why what?

You need to be a bit more verbose with your questions.  Your problem may
be clear to you, but if you don't tell us exactly what you are trying to
do and exactly what is going wrong, it is hard for us to help you.

What user does procmail run as?  What options are you using when you
start spamd?

--
Bowie

Re: Fw: users specific configuration

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, bernics.gabor wrote:

> My SP dont view the users specific configuration
> The procmailrc lines:
>
> :0fw
> | /usr/bin/spamc
>
> Why?

You probably need to specify the user on the spamc command line. Check the
documentation.

   When I say "I don't want the government to do X", do not
   automatically assume that means I don't want X to happen.
  4 days until Bill of Rights day

Fw: users specific configuration

Posted by "bernics.gabor" <be...@penta.hu>.
Nobody?

I use spamassassin 3.2.5 on the Debian 5.0, it&#8217;s great, because I have a
problem:

My SP dont view the users specific configuration
(/home/$user/.spamassassin/user_prefs) only the main configuration
(/etc/spamassassin/*).

(Example: the users configuration have only one line: required_score XX.)

Permissions are okay.

The procmailrc lines:

&#8222;:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc&#8221;