Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by renjith kalappurackal <re...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/25 17:03:06 UTC

"Need Experts advice"

Hi All,

  I am inviting everyones attention to two problems I am facing in my current project.

  Let me expain my first problem.
  I am in a confusion to decide upon the best approach to follow in developing a web service.
  My confusion is to get best of webservices. Which one will be best practice ?
  a) Embedded Webserivce
  b)Standalone webservice

  The scenario I am having is I have different .WAR(WEb archive) instances in my server that is using single EAR. If I am going for Embedded service I need to have services embedded in each WAR files. If I am going for Standalone approach, I don't know whether it can impact performance to the entire system.

             My second probelm isto choose the Session management option in Axis2.
  I have different types of client that are accessible to my webservice ( Actually I generated my service in order to communicate with the client programs using the WSDL provided by them) And these client programs are generated in Microsoft platform. I have no idea how client programs are manging their session. Only thing I know is that this client will try to communicate with my webservice using a token(generated by my webservice program) that is send to client programs when they communicate for the first time. And for every consecutive communication Client programs will send this token as an argument. I think I can manage the session by keeping a HashMap/ ArrayList to hold custom made session objects against each token to hold the details inorder to identify each client instance.
      Is there any way Axis2 allows to hold these clent details inside the session. I am not sure whetehr I can use Soap Session or something like that to keep track of client instances, since I have no control over the client programs( And I have no idea how they are created and what approach they are using for managing their session).

   Could you please provide me with your suggestions ?
  If I am wrong please correct me.

  Thanks in advance,
  Renjit