Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/05/05 13:33:24 UTC

[Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Miscellaneous" by KonstantinKolinko

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous

The comment on the change is:
corrected broken link and adjusted wording (in some old TC 4.x specific question

  [[Anchor(Q7)]]'''Should I use the LE version?'''

- No. It was an experiment, it failed. (YMMV) The original purpose of LE was because jdk1.4 provides a LOT of standard functionality that Tomcat uses that was not in jdk1.3. So to save some space two distributions were made to save some bandwidth. Since then, it has been an exercise in confusion. (Flame me if you disagree) [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&=105341005928071&w=2 More info]
+ No. It was an experiment, it failed. (YMMV) The original purpose of LE "light" edition of Tomcat 4.0, 4.1 was because jdk1.4 provides a LOT of standard functionality that Tomcat uses that was not in jdk1.3. So to save some space two distributions were made to save some bandwidth. Since then, it has been an exercise in confusion. (Flame me if you disagree) [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=105341005928071&w=2 More info]

  [[Anchor(Q8)]]'''How do I configure Tomcat to NOT to store the sessions during shutdown?'''