Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Entwicklung <En...@giftinfo.uni-mainz.de> on 2022/11/15 10:28:42 UTC

IGNITE ODBC and ADODB Recordset problem fetching data

Hello
i try to fetch records from Apache Ignite inmemory database via Microsoft Access 2016 32-Bit and Apache Ignite 32-Bit ODBC-driver with default settings. OS is Windows 10. Import as a linked table does not work so i tried via ADODB-Class. Connection.Open and Recordset.Open works and i can see all columns (ID and NAME) of sample table CITY in the Recordset. But when i try to fetch the first record with MoveFirst or MoveNext, i get the error 'specified attribute is not supported'. I tried the same with CursorLocation=adUseClient and the error message changes to 'wrong parameter'. Default Provider is MSDASQL.1. Is this the correct Provider? Any idea how to fetch records with ADODB?
Code
Public Sub QueryIgnite()
Dim ADOrs As ADODB.Recordset
Dim ADOcon As ADODB.Connection

                    Set ADOcon = New ADODB.Connection
                    ADOcon.ConnectionString = "DSN=Apache-Ignite-DSN"
                    'ADOcon.CursorLocation = adUseClient
                    ADOcon.Open

                    Set ADOrs = New ADODB.Recordset
                    ADOrs.Open "select * from city", ADOcon, adOpenForwardOnly
                    ADOrs.MoveNext
                    Debug.Print ADOrs.Fields("NAME")
                    ADOrs.Close
                    ADOcon.Close

End Sub
Thank you in advance.
Regards.
Guido Clesius

Re: IGNITE ODBC and ADODB Recordset problem fetching data

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.
Could you please also share a document (an ms access file or  ms excel
file), that reproduces the issue?

--
Sincerely yours, Ivan Daschinskiy

Re: IGNITE ODBC and ADODB Recordset problem fetching data

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Guido,

WG: IGNITE ODBC and ADODB Recordset problem fetching data

Posted by Entwicklung <En...@giftinfo.uni-mainz.de>.
Hi Igor,

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,