Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Paul Lam <pa...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/15 05:13:56 UTC

How to debug window states

Hi,

Since currently State Processor doesn’t support window states, what’s the recommended way to debug window states?

The background is that I have a SQL job whose states, mainly window aggregation operator states, keep increasing steadily.

The things I’ve checked:
- Outputs are as expected.
- Keys amount are capped.
- Watermarks are good, no lags.
- No back pressure.

If I can directly read the states to find out what’s accountable for the state size growth, that would be very intuitional and time-saving.

Best,
Paul Lam

Re: How to debug window states

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.
Hi

There is an issue[1] wants to provide an easy way to read/bootstrap window
state using the state processor API, but the PR was closed currently.

Best,
Congxian

Paul Lam <pa...@gmail.com> 于2020年7月15日周三 下午4:21写道:

Posted by Paul Lam <pa...@gmail.com>.