Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Stewart, Gary" <Ga...@luht.scot.nhs.uk> on 2006/03/09 16:58:37 UTC

Tab Order in CForms

Does anyone know how to change the tab order in CForms? I was hoping to change it so it ignores the links (such as the help and error links) until it gets all the way to the bottom of the form. I'd assume you'd do this by altering the tab order in the final HTML form. I figure I should be looking at the forms styling to do this. I can't actually find where forms-page-styling.xsl and forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl are located though. Any clue as to where to look and maybe how to implement this?

Thanks,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.

Re: Tab Order in CForms

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 15:58 +0000, Stewart, Gary wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change the tab order in CForms? I was hoping
> to change it so it ignores the links (such as the help and error
> links) until it gets all the way to the bottom of the form. I'd assume
> you'd do this by altering the tab order in the final HTML form. I
> figure I should be looking at the forms styling to do this. I can't
> actually find where forms-page-styling.xsl and
> forms-advanced-field-styling.xsl are located though. Any clue as to
> where to look and maybe how to implement this?

I havn't ever tried it, but you can add the tabindex attribute just like
any other, for example:

<ft:widget id="abc">
  <fi:styling tabindex="5"/>
</ft:widget>

The stylesheets simply copy over all the attributes they don't
understand to the target input element.

There's also a shorter way of writing this, if you don't have any nested
elements in fi:styling (which is usually the case):

<ft:widget id="abc" fi:tabindex="5"/>