Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Ethell <de...@vitalassets.com> on 2005/06/09 18:16:40 UTC

Passthrough HTML formatting on contrib:Table cells?

I saw a previous post about overriding one of the Table classes to allow
raw on the render formatting of Table columns, but I'm hoping to use a
solution that involves @Block overrides of a column. Here's my problem:

We have a dynamic number of columns in a dataset underlying a
contrib:Table. We do not know at design time what the column names will
be so I am unable to use the standard columnnameColumnValue@Block
override in the html template. We have data that is coming out of the
database with carriage returns that Tapestry is converting to BR tags,
but the Table component escapes the < and > into &lt; and &gt; and so
the cell just prints the tag instead of leaving it as html.

What is the best way to create dynamic blocks based on runtime column
values? Is it possible to do a Foreach and inside that have Block
components where the jwcid is set using values from the Foreach value?
Something like:

value="ognl:parameterBean">
value="ognl:parameterBean.value"/>

The problem is that I'm trying to dynamically change a jwcid tag. Any
thoughts or better ideas for what we're trying to do?

Thanks,
David