Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yuri Dario <yd...@os2power.com> on 2019/02/22 10:52:41 UTC

OS/2 error running unopkg.bin while packaging

Hi,

I have a strange error while packaging the current AOO42X tree: I'm
getting

Error: ERROR:
F:/rd/AOO/aoo42x/main/instsetoo_native/os2gcci.pro/Apache_OpenOffi
ce/archive/install/en-US_inprogress/Apache_OpenOffice_4.2.0_os2gcci_in
stall-arc_
en-US/OpenOffice 4/program/unopkg.bin sync --verbose
-env:UNO_JAVA_JFW_ENV_JREHO
ME=true 2>&1 | failed!

in the log file I can see

ERROR: cannot initialize UCB!
Exception details:
(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = "cannot initialize
UCB!", Cont
ext = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }

and debugging shows that the problem is related to file path length.
Moving the directory to a shorter path makes unopkg.bin to work.

But aside this, I wonder what does this action at package time, since
the resulting package seems to be still working. Bundled extensions
are loaded correctly and adding extensions works too.

Ideas?

thanks,

Yuri

--
Bye,

	Yuri Dario

Re: OS/2 error running unopkg.bin while packaging

Posted by Yuri Dario <yd...@os2power.com>.
Hi Damjan,

> There were a lot of changes to UNO-related modules in the past few months,
> due to both the Win64 port and the gbuild port. It's possible something
> broke for OS/2 in the process.

I checked paths validated by IsValidPathComponent() in file_url.cxx
and many of thems are exceeding the 260 char limit for OS/2. This
explains why moving to a shorter path all is ok.

But I wonder what that unopkg.bin call is supposed to do, since even
if it fails my AOO installation works fine.

thanks

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.
Hi

There were a lot of changes to UNO-related modules in the past few months,
due to both the Win64 port and the gbuild port. It's possible something
broke for OS/2 in the process.

I suggest a bisection test.

Sorry
Damjan