Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Diana Shepard <Di...@cusys.edu> on 2002/03/06 18:39:01 UTC

referenced symbol not found

I've been stuck for days on this. I know others have had a similiar problem
and hope you can help. I successfully installed Apache 1.3.23 on a
Solaris 8 Sun. Then dynamically loaded mod_dav with apxs tool;
again no errors. When I try to start httpd, I get the following
unreferenced symbol error message (see below).

I've seen references to this type of error in the archives (have checked the

mod_dav archives as well), but only  one solution that had to do with using
the native Sun linker, which I did and still got this error.

 [root@blackngold]> ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 205 of /opt/apache_1.3.23/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/apache_1.3.23/libexec/libdav.so into server: ld.so.1:
/opt/apache_1.3.23/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/apache_1.3.23/libexec/libdav.so: symbol ap_day_snames: referenced
symbol not found
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Diana Shepard