Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by mikevan <mv...@comcast.net> on 2011/05/04 21:43:07 UTC

Re: Apache Shiro and Karaf Realm

Andreas Pieber wrote:

> You're always welcomed JB. Cya in IRC ;)
>
> kind regards,
> andreas
>
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> &lt;jb@nanthrax.net&gt; wrote:
>> Thanks for the update Andreas.
>>
>> We can work together around this topic ;)
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 02/20/2011 04:26 AM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like that very much too! (and have provided a features.xml to
>>> start with [1] :)). Let's see if they accept it; if they accept it
>>> (and I find some free time) I'll create the karaf login module next :)
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Andreas
>>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-274

Hey guys. Have you had any experience implementing Shiro and Karaf realms?
I'd be interested in reading any notes you've gotten around this topic.  For
example, where do you place the Shiro configurations?  Is this something you
place in ./etc, or do you use another mechanism to implement it. Also, do
you configure Shiro as an alternate security provide in the same manner as
you would configure bouncycastle?

-----
Mike Van (aka karafman)
Karaf Team (Contributor)