Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "David O'Flanagan (CAPE)" <da...@capetechnologies.com> on 2005/04/05 13:10:12 UTC

Line numbers support.

Hi,

I'm using XMLBeans 1.0.4 and I'm having some issues with the line number
support.

I've tested it with two different XML parsers, with varying success.
1) If using Xerces then
  - no line numbers appear for validation
  - no line number information attatched to the cursors

2) If using Piccolo then
 - when document structure is valid but there's a schema error (e.g.
invalid attribute type) then line numbers are available
 - line number information is attatched to the cursors
BUT
 - when document structure is invalid (e.g. missing angle bracket) then
no line numbers are available

I need full line number support for feedback in an editor.

Does anyone know if this is the expected behaviour or if this is a bug?

Are there any other approaches that I could try without having to resort
to modifying the source code?

Thanks,
Dave.

BTW, this has been mentioned before here:
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlbeans-user/200406.mbox/%3C1086672821.28703.197971571@webmail.messagingengine.com%3E
and here:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=717

Re: Line numbers support.

Posted by "David O'Flanagan (CAPE)" <da...@capetechnologies.com>.
Please ignore. The information is available in the XMLException thrown
by the XMLObject.validate() method.

Dave.