Posted to users@tuweni.apache.org by Nicolas Massart <ni...@consensys.net> on 2019/09/18 07:04:08 UTC

Is binaries release stable?

Hi,
Is https://bintray.com/tuweni/tuweni/tuweni/0.9.0-20190709195335 a
stable version? The name makes it look like a snapshot.
Thanks.

Re: Is binaries release stable?

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Added.

Respectfully, anybody can build any project and push binaries to some repo. Nothing wrong there in my view.
I’ve been taking us on a steady course to have safe, accountable releases following the ASF guidelines, and it’s been a lengthy process.
I work on this solely in a volunteer capacity.
I also need to make sure people who depend on this code could get the job done - hence this kludge.
I expect it won’t be necessary going forward, now that we have found our stride.

That said, I really do need to get the move on to publish 0.8.2, but I haven’t had any time this week.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.

Fwd: Is binaries release stable?

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.