Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2017/05/18 15:00:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] Should we update to the latest supported Jackrabbit Version

Hi,

Julian raises a good about us depending on EOL Jackrabbit versions.
Although I think in practice this isn't a big deal as we mostly depend
on those versions for compilation and import range calculations,
perhaps there is a benefit in upgrading to Jackrabbit 2.4.x as a
baseline.

Thoughts?

Robert

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we update to the latest supported Jackrabbit Version

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Robert Munteanu wrote
> Hi,
>
> Julian raises a good about us depending on EOL Jackrabbit versions.
> Although I think in practice this isn't a big deal as we mostly depend
> on those versions for compilation and import range calculations,
> perhaps there is a benefit in upgrading to Jackrabbit 2.4.x as a
> baseline.

I see no problem with updating, however I see no real benefit either :)

 Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland