Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by EC <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/21 11:02:44 UTC

How can I reload HTML in app engine?

Hi,

I am using app engine development server (eclipse). Is there a way to reload
the HTML files when I change them on the disk? We need to disable resource
monitoring thread in app engine, so cache eviction does not happen.

getResourceSettings().setResourcePollFrequency(null);

I also cannot set resource loading folder since app engine does not allow
file system access.

Is there a way that in development mode things don’t get into the cache in
the first place, so every resource request goes directly to disk?

Thanks

Re: How can I reload HTML in app engine?

Posted by Clint Checketts <ch...@gmail.com>.
The instructions that I followed were here:
http://agilewombat.blogspot.com/2010/01/wicket-on-google-app-engine.html

Snippet from that post below. Note how he creates his own RequestCycle that
enables modification watching when in DevelopmentMode:

class MyWebRequestCycle extends WebRequestCycle {

    MyWebRequestCycle(final WebApplication application,
                      final WebRequest request, final Response response) {
        super(application, request, response);
    }

    @Override
    protected void onBeginRequest() {
        if (getApplication().getConfigurationType().equals(Application.DEVELOPMENT))
{
            final GaeModificationWatcher resourceWatcher =
(GaeModificationWatcher) getApplication()
                    .getResourceSettings().getResourceWatcher(true);
            resourceWatcher.checkResources();
        }

    }
}

-Clint

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by EC <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Maybe [1] contains some info?

Posted by Ian Marshall <Ia...@GMail.com>.
If you don't get an answer here, do you want to try posting on

  http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java

then then click the "Discussions" link to see if you get any joy there?