Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alireza Samadian <as...@google.com> on 2019/05/31 22:54:48 UTC

Design Proposal for Cost Estimation

Dear Members of Apache Beam Dev List,

My name is Alireza; I am a Software Engineer Intern at Google, and I am
working closely with Anton on Beam SQL query optimizer. Currently, it uses
Apache Calcite without any cost estimation; I am proposing to implement the
cost estimator for it.
The first step would be implementing cost estimator for the sources; this
is my design proposal for this implementation. I will appreciate your
comments and suggestions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vi1PBBu5IqSy-qZl1Gk-49CcANOpbNs1UAud6LnOaiY/edit#heading=h.6rlkpwwx7gvf

Best,
Alireza Samadian