Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "saravanan.t" <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2009/04/21 13:57:41 UTC

SMX4: exposing a pojo externally with cxf-bc

Hello,

I have a (beginner) question on fronting a pojo with CXF-BC. Can I do this:

1) using servicemix-bean component, expose this pojo.
2) front this endpoint using CXF-BC

or

Do I have to create a CXF-SE (with annotated pojo) and only then i can front
it using CXF-BC?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Re: SMX4: exposing a pojo externally with cxf-bc

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

yes you can :
- expose a POJO implementing MessageListener interface using bean component
- publish operations using HTTP or CXF-BC components

Regards
JB

Posted by "saravanan.t" <sa...@hotmail.com>.
The idea was to package POJO + xbeans as an OSGI bundle, just to be able to
dynamically deploy/undeploy it. I am now wondering what the difference is
between:
  1. package it as OSGI bundle myself (using maven-bundle plugin)
  2. create a JBI packaging as SA + SU and deploy so it is implicitly
converted to a bundle.

Other than having to maintain SA and its pom.

But, I cannot seem to make (1) work!

Thanks!

Posted by "saravanan.t" <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Freeman Fang
------------------------

Posted by "saravanan.t" <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

saravanan.t wrote:

> Thanks guys for your quick responses!
>
> I have a followup question:
>
> what are the options for deployment here?
>
>   do i need to develop/deploy as JBI: one su for bean and another for
> cxf-bc?
>
>   or I can develop/deploy one OSGI service consisting the bean code &
> cxf-bc config (with POM package as osgi packaging)
>
> maybe it is not either/or, and if both ways are possible, which way is
> recommended. your comments are appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Ashwin Karpe wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You can definately front it with a servicemix bean. It is not necessary
>> to have a CXF-SE.
>>
>> You will need to obviously then consume, transform the payload and send
>> an appropriate response via the servicemix-bean. Also, you need to
>> appropriately handle the different MEPs (In-Only etc) for methods invoked
>> by the CXF-BC correctly in the POJO.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ashwin...
>>

>> saravanan.t wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a (beginner) question on fronting a pojo with CXF-BC. Can I do
>>> this:
>>>
>>> 1) using servicemix-bean component, expose this pojo.
>>> 2) front this endpoint using CXF-BC
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> Do I have to create a CXF-SE (with annotated pojo) and only then i can
>>> front it using CXF-BC?
>>>
>>> Thanks and have a nice day!

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---
+1-972-304-9084 (Office)
+1-972-971-1700 (Mobile)
----
Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com/

Re: SMX4: exposing a pojo externally with cxf-bc

Posted by "saravanan.t" <sa...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

saravanan.t wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a (beginner) question on fronting a pojo with CXF-BC. Can I do
> this:
>
> 1) using servicemix-bean component, expose this pojo.
> 2) front this endpoint using CXF-BC
>
> or
>
> Do I have to create a CXF-SE (with annotated pojo) and only then i can
> front it using CXF-BC?
>
> Thanks and have a nice day!

-----
---