Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Bhavesh Mistry <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/30 03:02:50 UTC

Exception kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException

Hi Kafka User Group,

We have recently changed the “message.max.bytes” to  2MB and rebooted all
the brokers at once.  After this, we are getting
“kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException” on both Producer side and
consumer side.     How do I fix this, I have restarted producer and
consumer application but not able to resolve this issue.  We are on Kafka
version 0.8.0 and this issue is fixed on 0.8.0.  Please let me know how to
fix this issue.  Thanks in advance for your help !!

Here is sample log:

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1166 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,15]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1170 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,26]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1208 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,23]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 650 failed due to
[logmon.heartbeat,0]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1229 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,23]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1237 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,29]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1245 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,18]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1253 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,18]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

ERROR  error, Failed to send requests for topics logmon.rawlog with
correlation ids in [1222,1254]

ERROR  error, Error in handling batch of 6 events

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1271 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,3]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

WARN   warn, Produce request with correlation id 1283 failed due to
[logmon.rawlog,11]: *kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException*

Thanks,
Bhavesh

Re: Exception kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException

Posted by Bhavesh Mistry <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guozhang Wang,

I restarted the Broker yesterday, and I am still seeing this exception on
consumer and producer sides.

Thanks,
Bhavesh

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.