Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Fabio Cechinel Veronez <fa...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 21:45:56 UTC

Configurable Resource's url (use CDN or not)

Hello all,

I would like to implement my resources references (css files, js files
like jquery and sfuff) instances in a way that I could change the URL
it uses at head tag at runtime.

My goal is to easily change whether my references are fetched from a
CDN repository or internally by my own wicket application (or even if
it is minified or not).

And i was thinking about exposing those ResourceReferences instances
using JMX or something like that so I could change it with no need to
restart my application.

What would be the best solution for that?

Thanks in advance.

--
Fabio Cechinel Veronez

RE: Configurable Resource's url (use CDN or not)

Posted by David Loidolt <da...@gmail.com>.
Dear All,

I'm currently experiencing some problems using SimpleCDN in Wicket 1.5.4 in
combination with mountResource for image/texttemplate/css resources.
When used, the according resources are then no longer resolved via CDN but
served from the origin host as relative paths.

Works:
-- Inside WebPage constructor
add(new Image("Logo",new
PackageResourceReference(ResourcesImagesScope.class, "images/logo.png")));

-- Markup

-- Result
<https://abc123.cloudfront.net/wicket/resource/com.my.package.resources.images.ResourcesImagesScope/logo-ver-1340006161412.png>

Does not work:

-- Inside WebPage constructor
add(new Image("Logo",new
PackageResourceReference(ResourcesImagesScope.class, "images/logo.png")));

-- Inside init() of extended WebApplication (for a nice url-path)
mountResource("images/images/logo.png", new
PackageResourceReference(ResourcesImagesScope.class, "images/logo.png"));

-- Result
</images/logo-ver-1349261626000.png>  (-->
https://www.mydomain.com/images/logo-ver-1349261626000.png)

So as you can see, as soon as I remove the mountResource the image is
resolved correctly.
Also when I set a break point insides SimpleUrl mapUrl function, the
resource never shows up if mountResource has been called for it bevore.

Any ideas on why mountResource is causing this impact?

Thanks,
Cheers, David

-----
“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” Albert Einstein

RE: Configurable Resource's url (use CDN or not)

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
Wow, that SimpleCDN tool looks pretty cool.

>From a cursory glance at the doco it seems like they assume that
anything that starts with:

/wicket/resource/

is a static resource and that's what I've been doing also with good
success. I suppose I just need to remember to avoid mounting any non
static resource that I may need to construct 'on the fly' in the future
with a path that starts with /wicket/resource then that should fine no?

Is there any chance that wicket itself may, in the future, mount a non
static resource starting with that path?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by "robert.mcguinness" <ro...@gmail.com>.
have you looked at