Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Cody Maloney <co...@mesosphere.io> on 2014/10/02 21:25:19 UTC

Removing Checkpoint Flag from Slave

Per MESOS-444[1] I'd like to remove the checkpoint flag from slaves,
meaning that all slaves always checkpoint, and all the logic around slaves
which can't checkpoint can be removed from mesos. The flag has been enabled
by default since 0.14.

Working patch for removing the flag from the command line [2].

I'm planning to over a series of following patches slowly remove the
variable itself and all the special logic around it. There are some tests
which depend on the variable which is why that removal isn't part of step 1.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-444
[2] https://reviews.apache.org/r/26275/

Re: Removing Checkpoint Flag from Slave

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
+1 This change has been a long time coming.
Anybody still using --checkpoint=false and need an official deprecation
cycle?