Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Praveen Mathew <pr...@in.ibm.com> on 2003/08/08 17:59:16 UTC

PlexofCps implementation

Hi Ryan,
                  According to spec:
Algorithm to determine the bounds of a paragraph containing a certain
character in a complex file
When a document is recorded in non-complex format, the bounds of the
paragraph that contains a particular character can be found by calculating
the FC coordinate of the character, searching the bin table to find an FKP page
that describes that FC, fetching that FKP, and then searching the FKP to find the interval in
the rgfc that encloses the character. The bounds of the interval are the fcFirst
and fcLim of the containing paragraph. Every character greater than or
equal to fcFirst and less than fcLim is part of the containing paragraph.

Going by the above explanation we need to search the bintable for the Fc
of a particular character. But in our current implementation we dont have
a field for "rgFc" in PlexOfCps Class. For any PlexOfCps like plcfPcd this is required to get the Fc of a character.
But we have that in the PropertyNode class as Start & End fields. Should
we have the field "rgFc" in PlexOfCps so that it Resembles the actual
dataStructure??

Thanks & Regards
Praveen

Praveen Mathew
IBM Software Labs,Airport Road,
Bangalore - 560 017,India.
Ph : +91- 80 - 504 4609 (Direct)
       +91 - 80 - 5262355 Extn: 3609
Email: prmathew@in.ibm.com

Re: PlexofCps implementation

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
PlexOfCps is more of a utility structure for reading and writing from the
file. We are not concerned with FCs anyway, we only care about CPs because
FCs are based on file locations and the file location may change.

How is everything going? I am currently working on Tables and Lists.

Ryan