Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Reyane Oukpedjo <ou...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/10 16:57:19 UTC

Hadoop-2.0.1 log files deletion

Hi there,

I was running somme mapreduce jobs on hadoop-2.1.0-beta . These are
multiple unit tests that can take more than a day to finish running.
However I realized the logs for the jobs are being deleted some how quickly
than the default 24 hours setting of mapreduce.job.userlog.retain.hours
property on mapred-site.xml. some of  the job logs were deleted after 4
hours. Can this be a bug or if not is there any other property that
override this ?

Thank you.

Reyane OUKPEDJO

Re: Hadoop-2.0.1 log files deletion