Posted to dev@brpc.apache.org by caidaojin <64...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2021/07/08 11:20:10 UTC

Apache brpc(Incubating) github issue weekly oncall report ( 28/06/2021 - 04/07/2021)

Hi everyone,

Here is the Apache brpc(Incubating) github issue weekly oncall report from 28/06/2021 to 04/07/2021.

This week we resolved 4 issues as below
1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1447
2. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1458
3. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1441
4. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1438

And there are 3 issues that still need to follow up
1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1448
2. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1450
3. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1455

And there are 2 issues that need to have a futher discussion, to determine if we should support them or not.

1. Fix memory leak caused by bthread_setspecific. bthread_setspecific may new a KeyTable, and return it to KeyTablePool after bthread ends, and next time it will create a new one again, which makes memory leaked. Related issues: https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1449

2. Support latest protobuf versions. Related issues: https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1454

Regards,

Daojin

Here is the Apache brpc(Incubating) github issue weekly oncall report from
21/06/2021 to 27/06/2021.

This week we resolved 6 issues as below

&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1443
&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1436
&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1437
&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1424
&nbsp;&nbsp; 5. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1423
&nbsp;&nbsp; 6. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1416

And there are 4 issues that still need to follow up

&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1448
&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1447
&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1441
&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1438

And there are 4 issues that need to have a discussion, to determine if we
should support them or not.

&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Support passes the client's timeout to the server and the server can
&nbsp;&nbsp; get the client's timeout by calling Controller::timeout_us(). Related
&nbsp;&nbsp; issue: https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1440
&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Support any type of data in baidu-std's response. Just like
SerializedRequest
&nbsp;&nbsp; which makes baidu-std can send any type of data in the request, brpc also
&nbsp;&nbsp; needs to support any type of data in response. Related issue:
&nbsp;&nbsp; https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1444
&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Support customized function to process bvar name. The default
&nbsp;&nbsp; function to_underscored_name may generate some confusing names. Related
&nbsp;&nbsp; issue: https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1445
&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. Fix memory leak caused by bthread_setspecific. bthread_setspecific
&nbsp;&nbsp; may new a KeyTable, and return it to KeyTablePool after bthread ends, and
&nbsp;&nbsp; next time it will create a new one again, which makes memory leaked.
&nbsp;&nbsp; Related issues: https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/issues/1449

Best regards,

Lorin Lee

Re: Apache brpc(Incubating) github issue weekly oncall report ( 28/06/2021 - 04/07/2021)

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Nice job. ;-)

Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere PMC
Twitter, @trista86934690

On 07/12/2021 12:07,Jerry Tan<je...@apache.org> wrote:
thanks, daojin。

Posted by Jerry Tan <je...@apache.org>.