Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Hugo Pereira <hp...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/17 17:48:33 UTC

Re: Multithreaded filters

Greetings,

Thanks,
the filter

chain.addLast("executor2", new ExecutorFilter(IoEventType.WRITE));

worked!

However i am having another issue: i am trying to have a only one pool to
manage I\O calls, and another pool for the business in the handler.

How can I pass the threadpool in NioSocketAcceptor constructor, and reusing
it in the executer filter?

Thanks in advance,
Peewee

Re: Multithreaded filters

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 1/17/13 5:48 PM, Hugo Pereira a écrit :
> Greetings,
>
> Thanks,
> the filter
>
> chain.addLast("executor2", new ExecutorFilter(IoEventType.WRITE));
>
> worked!
>
> However i am having another issue: i am trying to have a only one pool to
> manage I\O calls, and another pool for the business in the handler.
>
> How can I pass the threadpool in NioSocketAcceptor constructor, and reusing
> it in the executer filter?

Why would you do that ?

I mean, either you are using a fixed size thread pool, but you will have
some hard time tuning it, or you will use an unlimited thread pool, and
I don't see how it can make any difference with having one single pool
share dbetween two parts of the system.

But again, I question your need of using many executors. It's generally
not needed, and it's a source of major issues most of the time. I'm not
claiming I know your application more than you, but I try to stress out
that you will probably get the expected results without all those
executors...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com