Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by pratik khadloya <ti...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/28 17:53:48 UTC

EL functions in

Does anyone know how to use dynamic EL functions in <done-flag> tag of
oozie co-ordinator xml?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31681190/oozie-done-flag-el-functions

I am getting the error
Error: E1004 : E1004: Expression language evaluation error, Unable to
evaluate :${coord:formatTime(coord:actualTime(), 'yyyyMMdd')}:

Thanks,
Pratik

Re: EL functions in

Posted by pratik khadloya <ti...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply Jaydeep.

I got it working using the following way, by using the YEAR, MONTH, DAY
variables in the uri-template and emptying out the done-flag.

  <uri-template>
    /donemarkers/dependency-job/${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}.done
  </uri-template>
  <!--<done-flag>${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}.done</done-flag>-->
  <done-flag></done-flag>

I came to know from the logs that oozie first checks if there is a
directory with the name specified by uri-template, if not then it checks if
there is a file specified by the uri-template.

2015-07-28 19:40:46,225  INFO CoordActionInputCheckXCommand:539 - USER[-]
GROUP[-] TOKEN[-] APP[-] JOB[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C]
ACTION[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C@2]
[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C@2]::ActionInputCheck:: In
checkResolvedUris...
2015-07-28 19:40:46,225  INFO CoordActionInputCheckXCommand:539 - USER[-]
GROUP[-] TOKEN[-] APP[-] JOB[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C]
ACTION[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C@2]
[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C@2]::ActionInputCheck:: In
checkListOfPaths: /donemarkers/dependency-job/20150725.done is Missing.
2015-07-28 19:40:46,241  INFO CoordActionInputCheckXCommand:539 - USER[-]
GROUP[-] TOKEN[-] APP[-] JOB[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C]
ACTION[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C@2]
[0131647-140520191754742-oozie-oozi-C@2]::ActionInputCheck::
File:/donemarkers/dependency-job/20150725.done, Exists? :true

Re: EL functions in

Posted by Jaydeep Vishwakarma <ja...@inmobi.com>.

wrote:

> Does anyone know how to use dynamic EL functions in <done-flag> tag of
> oozie co-ordinator xml?
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31681190/oozie-done-flag-el-functions
>
> I am getting the error
> Error: E1004 : E1004: Expression language evaluation error, Unable to
> evaluate :${coord:formatTime(coord:actualTime(), 'yyyyMMdd')}:
>
> Thanks,
> Pratik

receipt.