Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ra...@polarisFT.com on 2013/11/06 10:14:57 UTC

HBase Delete - based on non-rowkey columns

Hi all,
I have two questions
1)   In HBASE, is it possible to delete a row  based on a column name &  value.   The column name should not be a row key, because in this scenario we cannot delete    based on the row key.

2) Is it possible to delete a row in HBase table , based on the partial row key.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Raviprasad. T

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polarisFT.com

RE: HBase Delete - based on non-rowkey columns

Posted by Vladimir Rodionov <vr...@carrieriq.com>.
BulkDeleteEndpoint coprocessor to your help. Its the endpoint coprocessor. Refer HBase 0.94+ API and HBase book on
how to use it for bulk delete operations.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
[...]

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or Notifications@carrieriq.com and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.

Re: HBase Delete - based on non-rowkey columns

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
There have been 3 JIRAs logged in the past two days which were marked as
Bug.

Ranjini / Raviprasad :

Have you seen Lars' response at the bottom of HBASE-9912 ?

Please outline your use case so that we can help you.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jia Wang <ra...@appannie.com>.