Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com> on 2016/11/28 10:20:22 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] Improving the OFBiz User Interface

As discussed here:
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/OFBiz-Premier-League-Reviewers-Choice-Award-tp4699250p4699699.html

I think that is a pretty good idea. Good luck

Re: [DISCUSSION] Improving the OFBiz User Interface

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I like (all) the ideas, but that sounds like a long term plan :)

Jacques

Le 28/11/2016 � 23:02, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharan and All,

Posted by gil portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Completely Paul for the standardization.

Currently we try to go out all ftl templating from framework to push on
theme with the purpose to have only the screen logic on the framework.
All the rendering would be define and surcharge on the theme.

But standardization on what ?
We have different classification on screen like :
* dedicate screen EventMessages, geoChart, countries
* main decorator screen : GlobalDecorator, LookupDecorator, SimpleDecorator
* embed decorator screen : FindScreenDecorator

My idea like sharing with Julien, Gil and Taher would be to define these
different standard screen as an API you can be use to structure a screen
as guideline.
If the API screen is strong, the theme can rendering it as a like, and
each contributer can create a theme and keep the coherence.

Yes it's a long work but the better way it's start with good base.

Nicolas

Le 28/11/2016  21:39, Paul Piper a crit :

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Troll inside: it's easier to increase the UI in its own corner instead
of sharing with other, sure.

But the work is in progress and maybe you could try to participate with
a good spirit :)

Regards
Nicolas

Le 28/11/2016  11:20, Paul Piper a crit :