Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@tresys.com> on 2018/01/26 17:03:48 UTC

old support branches - that are unsupported

Can we get rid of all the support/v0.10 and similar branches prior to support/v1.0.0

There is nothing on any of these branches, and we won't do any support on them.

(Based on that we should eliminate support/v1.0.0 and support/v1.1.0 as well.)

but when I pull down the menu for choosing a branch on

https://github.com/apache/incubator-daffodil

I see a list with many support branches on it. Which suggests they are there and in use, but they are not.

The equivalent tags are there, so a support branch could always be created. I just don't like having the suggestion that these are supported around.

Re: old support branches - that are unsupported

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
With no objections, I have deleted the old support branches and updated
the branch/tag workflow on the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DAFFODIL/Branch+and+Tag+Workflow

- Steve

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.