Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Hussein Baghdadi <hu...@hotmail.com> on 2012/06/27 14:42:40 UTC

Sending web traffic data to Kafka

Hi,I want to send web traffic data to Kafka as events, something like:<page, timestamp, user-agent ....>And some other usual suspects.1. Which languages can send events to Kafka (in addition to Java)?2. Any guide how to write an encoder for my previous event structure?Thanks for help and time.

Re: Sending web traffic data to Kafka

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hussein,

You can use MessagePack to send data to Kafka. As long as you can
convert an object to a byte array, you can send data to Kafka. For an
example, please see step 8 of the producer code section of the
quickstart -
http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/quickstart.html

HTH,
Neha

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hussein Baghdadi <hu...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Lossen <ti...@lossen.de>.
hi hussein,

we use an nginx "after request hook" written in perl that uses the kafka perl client to push events into kafka. only a few lines of code, and works much better than it sounds ;)

cheers
tim

--
http://tim.lossen.de