Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/04 17:40:11 UTC

[Axis2]New Feature - Sending same message to more than One Recepcient

Hi All;

Shall we add a support to users to send same message to more than one
recipients?

Motivate for the doing this is if we need to send same message to 20
recipients, (e.g. Publish Subscribe) . If user create 20 Calls it will
be very expensive and  if we do the thingy inside Axis2 we can set the
OM caching true and reuse at least part of the Message to multiple
invocations.

I do not feel this should be done at the transport sender level (e.g.
We need different addressing properties). I feel we should have
different Pipe for each while sharing the same SOAP Body. I think
about something like MultiOutClient (or PublisherClient .. I am not
sure ) add to Client API

I am thinking aloud :), this could actually get very complex
thoughts?

Thanks

Srinath

Re: [Axis2]New Feature - Sending same message to more than One Recepcient

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christoph;

If you can tell us what was your experiance and something about what
is exactly you look for. e.g. the Ideal API you want to see. It will
be very helpful :)

e.g  1) Do you need to send differnat addressing headers
      2) do you need differant aspects (WS-Secuirty .. RM ) for each receiption
      3) What are the informatio you would like to control via API

cheers
Srinath

Posted by Christoph Langguth <ch...@umit.at>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi All;

My feeling is
1) We must support differant Adressing Headers for different users
2) May be we need to support different Handlers for different
consumers. (Or we shall call we do not do it and my be in Axis3 ;) ..
)

What I thought was to not to changes present SOAP processing Model and
only write a new MultiOutMepClient that takes list of addresses and
send them to different users.

If we support #1 only we need to run the Handler Chain (Pipe) once ..
or we if support #1 and #2 we need to re run the HandlerChain once per
each consumer.

I prefer supporting #1 and #2

In all cases we could set OM cache true and use one SOAP body OM for
all requests!
thoughts?

Thanks
Srinath