Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tim Bader <ti...@euroking.com> on 2006/07/21 11:21:46 UTC

Error running svn command line from DOS prompt

Hi,

I've been running subversion for a while with no problems either with
the command line client or TortoiseSVN.

However, I now find that if I try to run any SVN command from the DOS
prompt I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem" dialog box appearing that reads
"The NVTDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction" and asks me to
click "close" to terminate the application.

Does anyone know why this is?

-All the other command line tools e.g. svnserve, svnlook, etc seem to
work fine but I get this error even if I try to run "svn help"

I am running on Windows XP Pro + svnserve and svnservice running
svnserve as a service.

Tortoise still runs fine both for repository and workspace operations.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Bader

Mailto: tim.bader@euroking.com

Telephone: 01932834 829

This message has been checked for all known viruses.

Its content and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete and contact the sender shown above via email return.
Unless expressly stated otherwise this email does not form part of a legally binding contract or agreement between the recipient and Euroking Miracle Ltd.

RE: Error running svn command line from DOS prompt

Posted by Tim Bader <ti...@euroking.com>.
OK, I checked and it is definitely cmd.exe
I tried running it directly from start > run > cmd but I get the same
error.
I also tried using start > run > command and the strange thing is I get
no error... but nothing happens either (e.g. no response even from "svn
--help")

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.