Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Michele Mostarda <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/01 11:14:00 UTC

Re: Issue 205 in any23: The Plugin Manager tests are failing on Apache Jenkins

Hi Lewis,

On 30 November 2011 15:54, Lewis John Mcgibbney
<le...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Michele,
>
> Excuse my ignorance, however I'm guessing that when you are referring to
> the {bq}old name{bq} you are referring to Any 23 e.g. space between Any and
> 23? If this is build specific e.g. changing some Jenkins configuration and
> it is trivial then we should simply revert it to the old name. However I'm
> guessing that this might not be the case!

The issue was the following:

to perform its usual build operations Jenkins defines a workarea which path
contains the name of the project under building.
The original Any23 Jenkins project was called 'Any23 trunk'.
The issue [1] caused some Any23PluginManager test failures, so to bypass
the issue we renamed the project from 'Any23 trunk'
to 'Any23-trunk'.
Now that the issue [1] has fixed I was figuring out if it would be the case
to return to the original 'Any23 trunk' name.

I will revert the name and check that everything is ok.

The best.

Mic

[1] http://code.google.com/p/**any23/issues/detail?id=205<http://code.google.com/p/any23/issues/detail?id=205>

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michele,

The original naming was purely random and conformed to no particular
preference. Please feel free to change to anything you would like to build
to be named.

For clarification, from my own experience you will also experience
something similar to this if you try to use some tools with some of the
Solaris/Ubuntu slaves. Sometimes the path *as is written* affects the build
environment and needs some work.

Anyway, hopefully this is now sorted out.

Lewis

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Michele Mostarda <