Posted to user@commons.apache.org by James Wang <Ja...@infor.com> on 2012/04/19 21:39:51 UTC

Procrun fails to stop service

I wonder anybody else has experienced the problem with procrun failing to stop a service. The error from the log says:

Failed to stop '<service name>' service
The data area passed to a system call is too small.

The service is running on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit. It is obviously a resource allocation matter, but is it possible that procrun is the cause?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

James Wang | Software Engineer, Development | [cid:image001.jpg@01CD1E42.2382C560] | direct: 734.623.4056 | fax: 734.623.4190 | James.Wang@infor.com<ma...@infor.com>

Re: Procrun fails to stop service

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 04/20/2012 11:29 PM, James Wang wrote:
> Konstantin:
> Thanks for your response.
> I am running procrun 1.0.7.  32 bit.
> This happened in our customer's server. I have not been able to replicate it in our own server environment. As soon as I do it, I will send you the details.
> I have not seen any long strings or paths in the configuration or installation. But I will keep this in mind as I continue to investigate.
> Thanks again!

That's probably:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-195
It was fixed in 1.0.8, so try with the latest version.

Regards
--
^TM

RE: Procrun fails to stop service

> I wonder anybody else has experienced the problem with procrun failing to stop a service. The error from the log says:
>

> Failed to stop '<service name>' service
>
> The data area passed to a system call is too small.
>

> The service is running on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit. It is obviously a resource allocation matter, but is it possible that procrun is the cause?
>
> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

1. What version of procrun?
2. The message likely comes from GetLastError() call, i.e. from the OS.  I'd help if you enable debug logging to get more details (the log level is configurable in prunmgr dialog).
3. Do you have unusually long strings or paths somewhere in your configuration?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Procrun fails to stop service

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.