Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Markus Rathgeb <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/10 23:29:47 UTC

custom dist: add bundles to system repo

Hello,
I want to populate the system repository of a custom distribution.

The documentation at
https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/custom-distribution.html
states:
<installedFeature>baz</installedFeature> This will result in all the
bundles in the feature being installed in the "system" internal
repository. Therefore at runtime the feature may be installed without
access to external repositories. You can use feature_name or
feature_name/feature_version formats.

This is in general exactly what I want, but I do not want to name every feature.
I would like to populate the system repository with all bundles of a
kar (or feature) dependency of type runtime.

So not using one dependency and set installFeature for every feature
in that dependency, but using installFeature with the dependency, so
all bundles of all features of that dependency are added to the system
repo.

Is this possible?

Re: custom dist: add bundles to system repo

Posted by Markus Rathgeb <ma...@gmail.com>.
A related question about kar file handling:

There is kar:install:
* The KAR file is uncompressed and populated the KARAF_BASE/system folder.
* The Apache Karaf KAR service is looking for features XML files in the KAR file
* registers the features XML and
* automatically installs all features described in the features
repositories present in the KAR file.

Do you think it would be possible to to do the same without the last step?