Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sanbhat <bh...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 12:03:56 UTC

Camel - camelContext - RabbitMQ component - what should be the value for exchangeName?

I am using RabbitMQ component of Camel, for Camel routing. While creating a
queue from RabbitMQ console I have not explicitly mentioned any exchange
name. But the url expects the exchangeName

rabbitmq://hostname[:port]/exchangeName?[options]

What should be the value of exchangeName for a default queue? I tried to get
the message from RabbitMQ console to see whether it has any exchangeName,
and here is the snapshot

<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5749788/message-rabbitmq.jpg>

Re: Camel - camelContext - RabbitMQ component - what should be the value for exchangeName?

Posted by sanbhat <bh...@gmail.com>.
After doing more search on google

I found an article which demonstrates creation of "Exchanges" in RabbitMq
console, and I followed the same. First I created an exchange named "A" and
bound the queue's which I had defined "source_q", "dest_q" to that exchange
by giving the same name as routingKey respectively. Here's the look

<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5749841/message-exchange.jpg>

What I would like to achieve? [I am very much novice in camel + rabbitmq +
karaf]

I want to capture all the messages sent to "source_q" (*from external
applications*) , make these messages get processed through my
"TransformProcessor" and want to forward the processed message to "dest_q".

To start something, I followed  this example
<https://github.com/tjsnell/camel-rabbitmq-examples/blob/master/src/main/java/com/juicelabs/camel/workqueues/Send.java>
, and came up with following code

But it is giving me the following exception

Please please please help me.. Thanks in advance!