Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by xiemian <xi...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/15 00:55:59 UTC

Apply to be contributor of kafka

Hello,

I am a graduate student studying in United States, major in computer science. I am much interested on being a contributor of kafka. Before going to school again, I actually had a couple years working experience on Hadoop ecosystem. I have built clusters to satisfy the real world requirement and also modified some source code of YARN and MapReduce in order to make an improvement. I have already read some source code of kafka and would like to be a contributor since contributing myself to the open source community is my goal. So could you please tell me what I need to do?

My ASF JIRA username is: mianxie    Email: xiemian817@gmail.com

Thanks for your time and patience. I am really looking forward to your reply.

Best.
Mian Xie

Re: Apply to be contributor of kafka

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for you interest in Kafka!

I added you to the list of contributors in Jira. You can now self-assign
tickets.

To get started check out the web-page: https://kafka.apache.org/contributing

Let us know if you have any further questions.

-Matthias