Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu> on 2007/02/12 21:38:47 UTC

cocoon site on CD-ROM [was: Stripping down Cocoon]

On Feb 11, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Vishwanath Goda wrote:

> Hello,
> What is the best way to lighten up cocoon to its bare essenstials.
> Are there
> any recommendations and step-by-step procedures that could help us
> strip
> away unwanted modules and libraries?

A different, but related question:
  Does anyone have any tips on putting a cocoon site on CD-ROM.
  I've found this thread in the archive about directing logging to
the console:
	http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg31720.html
  Are there any other tips or gotchas ?

Is it easier with jetty vs. tomcat ?

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library

Re: cocoon site on CD-ROM [was: Stripping down Cocoon]

Posted by Tobia <to...@linux.it>.
Steven D. Majewski wrote:
> Do cocoon's cached files go in /tmp? (Or does the container determine
> where they go?)

The latter.  Under Jetty they are in /tmp/Jetty__8888__/ (configurable
I presume) while under Tomcat they are in «Tomcat root»/work/Catalina/

Tobia

sort order

Posted by Roel Croonenberghs <Ro...@sofico.be>.
Hello,

I have a bind-define-template with a repeater. Is it possible to do a sort
in a repeater? How?
so instead of showing the different element of the repeater order by the
input, i want it sorted by p.e. name of by buid

here are the contents of the files;

bind file;
<bnd:repeater id="customers" parent-path="AlternateSessions"
row-path="SofToken" unique-row-id="sessionid" unique-path="sessionID">
<bnd:on-bind>
      <bnd:value id="sessionid" path="sessionID" />
      <bnd:value id="partnerid" path="partnerid" />
      <bnd:value id="buid" path="unitId" />
      <bnd:value id="name" path="partnerName" />
   </bnd:on-bind>
</bnd:repeater>

define;
<wd:repeater id="customers">
  <wd:widgets>
    <wd:output id="partnerid">
    <wd:datatype base="string">
      <wd:validation />
    </wd:datatype>
    <wd:label>
      <i18n:text>customers.label.id</i18n:text>
    </wd:label>
   </wd:output>

   <wd:output id="buid">
    <wd:datatype base="string">
      <wd:validation />
    </wd:datatype>
    <wd:label>
      <i18n:text>customers.label.id</i18n:text>
    </wd:label>
   </wd:output>
 </wd:repeater>
<wd:output id="name">
    <wd:datatype base="string">
      <wd:validation />
    </wd:datatype>
    <wd:label>
      <i18n:text>customers.label.name</i18n:text>
    </wd:label>
   </wd:output>

template;
<wt:repeater-size id="customers" />
<wt:repeater-widget id="customers">
                        <wt:widget id="selected" />
                        <wt:widget id="name"/>
                        (<wt:widget id="partnerid"/>)
</wt:repeater-widget>

Roel Croonenberghs

Re: cocoon site on CD-ROM [was: Stripping down Cocoon]

Posted by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>.
On Feb 12, 2007, at 4:36 PM, Tobia wrote:

> Steven D. Majewski wrote:
>> Does anyone have any tips on putting a cocoon site on CD-ROM.
>
> If you are going to make your own GNU/Linux live cd, as I suppose you
> do, you might find this link useful:
>
> http://www.gnewsense.org/Builder/
> HowToCreateYourOwnGNULinuxDistribution
>
> I would go with Jetty for a project like this.  Redirecting the
> logs to
> console is a necessity, but don't forget to put /tmp on a ramdisk,
> or to
> make sure that those scripts do it for you (they probably do.)

Thanks. But actually, I was thinking of making a Mac + PC CD, so I
didn't
need a bootable linux.

Do cocoon's cached files go in /tmp ? ( Or does the container
determine where they go?)
Or does it fall back gracefully if it can't write to a cache directory ?

-- Steve Majewski

Re: cocoon site on CD-ROM [was: Stripping down Cocoon]

Posted by Tobia <to...@linux.it>.