Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Atita Arora <at...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/27 10:03:37 UTC

Re: Solr Search Special Characters

Hi Piyush,

This sounds like an encoding problem.
Can you try q= Tata%20%26%20Sons ?

I believe for '&' you can use %26 in your query. (refer to
https://meyerweb.com , encode your queries and try them if they work as
expected)
You can you also try debug=true to see what query is actually sent.

I am sure you must have checked =>
http://lucene.apache.org/core/6_5_1/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/classic/package-summary.html#Escaping_Special_Characters
too.

Atita