Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Tony Poppleton <to...@wanadoo.fr> on 2009/12/14 23:31:36 UTC

Using multiple IP addresses

Hi,

I have two IP addresses on my computer, and would like to send out requests on both using a single Java application and HttpClient.  Is this possible?  I.e. one request sent out from the first IP, and the next request sent out from the second IP.

Thanks,
Tony

Re: Using multiple IP addresses

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Tony Poppleton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to clarify, at what level should I be setting the 'http.route.local-address' parameter?
>
> Would you advise using a separate HttpClient for this, or a separate ConnectionManager, or can it simply be set on each request?  I am looking for the most efficient solution, not necessarily the cleanest/easiest.

This parameter can be set either at the client level or at the request
level. The effect will be the same.

Oleg

Re: Using multiple IP addresses

Posted by Tony Poppleton <to...@wanadoo.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Tony Poppleton <to...@wanadoo.fr>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tony Poppleton <to...@wanadoo.fr>.
Hi Christine,

Posted by Christine Karman <ch...@christine.nl>.

--
dagdag is just a two-character rotation of byebye.