Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tony Yat-Tung Cheung <to...@astri.org> on 2004/06/22 03:08:45 UTC

R_PPC_REL24 relocation problem with xerces in PowerPC Linux

Hi,

I am testing the xerces-c on the MontaVista Linux in a Power PC
platform.

I am able to compile the library by,

./runConfigure -plinux -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nfileonly -tnative

However, I run into some R_PPC_REL24 relocation problems, when I try to
run any of the sample programs,

./DOMMemTest
./DOMMemTest: error while loading shared libraries:
/home/wing/tony/build/lib/libxerces-c.so.23: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at
0x0fdb6e84 for symbol `_Jv_RegisterClasses' out of range

Does anyone have any clue to the problem? Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Tony Cheung