Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2009/06/17 21:45:00 UTC

Re: svn commit: r785764 - /ofbiz/trunk/framework/webtools/webapp/webtools/main.ftl

jleroux@apache.org wrote:
> Author: jleroux
> Date: Wed Jun 17 19:27:31 2009
> New Revision: 785764

> Log:
> A patch from Marco Risaliti : "Cannot login to Webtools" (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2582) - OFBIZ-2582

Huh?  Why?  There's a login link in the header.

Re: svn commit: r785764 - /ofbiz/trunk/framework/webtools/webapp/webtools/main.ftl

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
This is the one main screen that we choose to make friendly for new
and demo users, and actually show the username and password on it.
This is meant to address the exact scenario that Ruth brought up.

However, in addition to that there are lots of possible "back-end"
applications that might have some public facing pages that do not
require authentication. With those types of apps sometimes it's nice
to choose to login instead of only being able to when you go to a page
that requires auth. Why make it more difficult?

Also, don't most applications have a "Login" button somewhere? Maybe
I'm way off here... but I think it's pretty normal.

-David

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.