Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Wade Williams <wa...@mac.com> on 2004/03/08 18:28:48 UTC

Build error under OpenBSD 3.3

I'm trying to build subversion 1.0 from source on OpenBSD 3.3 and get
the following error after doing a "make install":

/home/wade/subversion-1.0.0/ac-helpers/install-sh -c -d /usr/local/info
subversion/svnversion/svnversion . /repos/svn/trunk >
/usr/local/include/subversion-1/svn-revision.txt
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_pthread_mutex_init" called from
svnversion:/usr/local/apr/lib/libapr-0.so.9.5 at 0x402596b8
gmake: *** [revision-install] Error 1

Has anyone run into this or have an idea on a fix?

Thanks,

Wade

Re: Build error under OpenBSD 3.3

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Wade Williams wrote:

> I can confirm this behavior.  Adding -lpthread to LIBS= of the main
> Makefile solved the problem.
>
> I'll file a bug.

No need to file a bug.  We shipped a slightly wonky libtool in the 1.0
tarball.  Solaris users have had the same problem.  We'll get the
libtool correct in the 1.0.1 tarball coming out this Friday.  Sorry for
the confusion!

Re: Build error under OpenBSD 3.3

Posted by Wade Williams <wa...@mac.com>.

Posted by EAW <er...@xmtp.net>.