Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Vi Da <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/11 00:09:15 UTC

dependency on asm-2.2.3.jar

Hello,

I would like to know if asm-2.2.3 is required in runtime path when using cxf-2.1.3.

If I remove this from WEB-INF/lib of my webapp, will it work, or in other words what functionality/feature will not be available.

I see in WHICH_JARS document
- asm.jar (semi-optional, helps with performance of wrapper types and is required when adding JAXB annotations onto the SEI methods and
 parameters.)

I am running into an issue where I have to use a legacy library which uses cglib-full-2.0.2.jar and comes in conflict with asm-2.2.3.jar.

thanks
vida

Re: dependency on asm-2.2.3.jar

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
If you use wsdl first and run wsdl2java, you probably don't need the asm jar.
Accessing the parts from the wrapper objects will be done by the slightly
slower reflection code, but that should be fine.

If you do java first, you can remove it if you add run java2ws with
the -wrapperbean flag to have it generate the wrapper types that would match
the generated schema and add the @RequestWrapper/@ResponseWrapper annotations
to point to them.   In that case, you would again have generated wrappers and
it will fall down to reflection to use them.

If you use java first and don't want to generated the wrappers, you can
SOMETIMES not use ASM.   If you don't put any JAXB annotations on the web
methods/params, (like the mime types, and type adapter annotations) it should
work for most cases.   The main exception would be if schema validation is
enabled as it needs the generated wrappers types to do the schema validation.

That all said, try using the cglib-nodep jar as Ian mentioned.   Definitely
simpler.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: dependency on asm-2.2.3.jar

Posted by Ian Roberts <i....@dcs.shef.ac.uk>.
Vi Da wrote:
> I am running into an issue where I have to use a legacy library which uses
> cglib-full-2.0.2.jar and comes in conflict with asm-2.2.3.jar.

If you can use cglib-nodep instead then you will be able to include asm
2.2.3 and it will all work.

Ian