Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashish Parab <as...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/14 10:57:14 UTC

Not getting desired result through TermQuery

Hi Team,

I am new to Lucene and been exploring Lucene 7.4.0  for past few months.

please take a look at attached IndexFiles.java, in which I am indexing all
the files present under specified folder. also for every document, a field
namely ashish is stored.

now the indexing is ready, I am trying to search it via TermQuery api.
code(SearchFiles_Mine.java) for the same is also attached.

My issue is when I use TermQuery I get 0 hit where as if same thing is
tried via QueryParser api it gives 10 hit.

why is this happening? will you explain the functionality TermQuery API, in
the context of my code ?

regards,
Ashish Parab

Re: Not getting desired result through TermQuery

Posted by ba...@oracle.com.
My problem seems similar to this one.

i make sure index has all lower cased and TermQuery search term also
gets all lower cased.

i tokenize the search string since index uses standardtokenizer and
standardfilter and lowecasefilter and asciifoldingfilter.

My index uses standardtokenizer and the following due to my second query
requirements:

StandardFilter
LowerCaseFilter
ASCIIFoldingFilter
StopFilter

But given what i do for TermQuery as i listed above, it should still
find some hits, right?

My Booleanquery is built by the builder:

booleanQueryBuilder.add((Query)queryArr.get(k), BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

Best regards

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@gmail.com>.