Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gary Taylor <sq...@SDF.ORG> on 2016/11/18 20:29:45 UTC

Valid values for x-declare, x-subscribe, x-binding?

In the docs, located at
https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.32/programming/book/section-addresses.html
there are tables(for example: 2.3 - Link Properties) that
have defintions for the items in $subject.

One example:
x-declare - A nested map whose values correspond to the
valid fields of an AMQP 0-10 queue-declare command.

I do not understand what this is trying to explain.
Is there another location I need to go and look up the "valid
fields of an AMQP 0-10 queue-declare command."?  I've done
www searches and also the PDF from
http://www.amqp.org/specification/0-10 .

Basically I am trying to learn how to use these with spout
and drain on the shell prompt.

I'm using the MRG 3.2 C++ broker on RHEL.

Thank-you.

--
squeaky@sdf.lonestar.org

Re: Valid values for x-declare, x-subscribe, x-binding?

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Some related resources, in case your web searches didn't find them.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Addressing+Examples
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+extensions+to+AMQP

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 18/11/16 20:29, Gary Taylor wrote:
> In the docs, located at
> https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.32/programming/book/section-addresses.html
> there are tables(for example: 2.3 - Link Properties) that
> have defintions for the items in $subject.
>
> One example:
> x-declare - A nested map whose values correspond to the
> valid fields of an AMQP 0-10 queue-declare command.
>

> I do not understand what this is trying to explain.
> Is there another location I need to go and look up the "valid
> fields of an AMQP 0-10 queue-declare command."?

This means the arguments for the queue-declare command (page 239 in the
0-10 spec).

> I've done
> www searches and also the PDF from
> http://www.amqp.org/specification/0-10 .
>
> Basically I am trying to learn how to use these with spout
> and drain on the shell prompt.

If you are starting out, and have no specific need for AMQP 0-10, I
would strongly recommend using AMQP 1.0 instead. This is the actual ISO
standard and is supported by several different brokers (and indeed by
the Qpid Dispatch Router).