Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Pradeep Pujari <pp...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/09 01:57:03 UTC

Recommendation Algorithms

Hi,

Recommendation Algorithms: Can it be used for a case like, people who viewed
this item also viewed these other items? I read the taste recommendation
framework which talks about collaborative filtering. Looks to me this above
use case is not a collaborative filtering subject. We know the click data
and math lib can able to help. Please advise.

Thanks,
Pradeep.

Re: Recommendation Algorithms

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
For this simple case FPGrowth can work as well. Top Frequent patterns for a
given item could infact be a good list of recommended items

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Yes this is simpler than a recommendation problem. You probably want
to use LogLikelihoodSimilarity with GenericItemBasedRecommender and
call mostSimilarItems(). The input will just be user ID / item ID
pairs, one for each click, with no preference value.

Posted by Pradeep Pujari <pp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robin and Sean, I will experiment with both the approaches and update
you.

Thanks
Pradeep

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.