Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Srinivas Gunturu <sx...@bjc.org> on 2005/07/14 17:17:55 UTC

Session Mixup

Hello All,

I have been fighting this session mix-up problem in our application which is very easily reproducible.

Environment:
Tomcat 5.0.9
Struts 1.1

Upon user login, we create a user bean object and store on user session.  When 6 of us tried to login separately using our own logins, we could see our sessions get mixed up and also seeing other user's name in welcome greeting.

I have tried migrating to Tomcat 5.5, tried turning of Tomcat session persistence, tried making user object serializable.

Still no luck.  Any idea?

TIA,

Srinivas

Re: Session Mixup

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Any static field storage in your bean object?

--David

Re: Session Mixup

Posted by Peddireddy Srikanth <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
It never happened to me and it will not happen also unless there is some
serious bug in ur code.
Are you six people trying to login simultaneously from different machines?
Or trying to login from same system one after another from same system?
If it is the second case, then it copuld be the problem with browser cache.
Clear cache and check.
If it is the second case , check what is given for the "scope" attribute of
the user bean (assuming you used <jsp:usebean> or something similar). If
scope is given as application instead of session (or request) this could
happen.
 regards
Srikanth