Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Astrien <as...@facets-tech.net> on 2008/06/20 19:43:21 UTC

"Unknown scope" when resolving from Maven

I'm using the ibibilo resolver and a build of the latest trunk (r669964) to
resolve an internal library from our corporate repository.  When I try to
resolve the dependency, which is one of those that are using the Maven
snapshot "throw them all in the same dir and append the timestamp" standard,
I get the following:

Unknown scope 'compile, test' for dependency junit#junit

And in the POM of the dependency, I find this little gem:

<dependency>
<groupId>junit</groupId>
<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
<scope>compile, test</scope>
</dependency>

Is Ivy saying that it doesn't understand dual scoped entries?  How do I
handle this?

Re: "Unknown scope" when resolving from Maven

Posted by Astrien <as...@facets-tech.net>.
I am admittedly a maven novice - mostly because every time I've used it, I've
gotten burned by the tiny little box it puts you in.  Maybe it's a bad pom
file, but those are so rare!  ;)

Re: "Unknown scope" when resolving from Maven

Posted by Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com>.
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:43:21AM -0700, Astrien wrote:

> And in the POM of the dependency, I find this little gem:
>

> <dependency>
> <groupId>junit</groupId>
> <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
> <scope>compile, test</scope>
> </dependency>
>

> Is Ivy saying that it doesn't understand dual scoped entries?  How do I
> handle this?

Are comma separated scopes actually supported in _maven_?

Also, wouldn't a compile scope artifact be in all classpaths, including
test, anyway?

Cheers.
--
Jing Xue