Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Stettler, Robert" <ro...@capitalone.com> on 2005/12/08 14:28:04 UTC

RE: Axis C++1.5 - behavior question

We had a situation where a field was added to the WS interface but the
client was using the previous version of the WSDL.  The C++ stub
marshaled all of the data upto the unexpected field.  All fields
following are null but no exception was generated.  Other than the null
fields there was not indication of a problem.

I had someone using the java version of Axis.  In the Java version an
exception is generated.

What is the expected behavior?

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary
to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith
is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from your computer.

RE: Axis C++1.5 - behavior question

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hmm, it probably worked out of sheer luck (or bad luck depending on your
point of view :-) . It's not something the code explicitly tests for !

"Stettler, Robert" <ro...@capitalone.com>
08/12/2005 13:28
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"